This weekend we had our gold panning championships and I got roped in as a timer.All I can say is it was a very busy weekend indeed as we went through 500 panners in one day and I felt I had done at least 50 of those.Each person had ten minutes to pan out there bucket and as the buckets were salted with the gold the judges knew how many flakes of gold should be on the judges table.As you can see we have some interesting folks in our club I think some just came from 1849.There was also our persident Don and his wife Anny these two are such a main stay in the town of Forest Hill we are so lucky to have those two running our club.On Sunday my friend Dawn and her best friend took a few minutes to have a picture taken.Sigh all Diana could say is there is Ed and his girls again with a wink in her eye.
Monday, September 1, 2008
State and nationational gold panning championships
This weekend we had our gold panning championships and I got roped in as a timer.All I can say is it was a very busy weekend indeed as we went through 500 panners in one day and I felt I had done at least 50 of those.Each person had ten minutes to pan out there bucket and as the buckets were salted with the gold the judges knew how many flakes of gold should be on the judges table.As you can see we have some interesting folks in our club I think some just came from 1849.There was also our persident Don and his wife Anny these two are such a main stay in the town of Forest Hill we are so lucky to have those two running our club.On Sunday my friend Dawn and her best friend took a few minutes to have a picture taken.Sigh all Diana could say is there is Ed and his girls again with a wink in her eye.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ed, your blog is just getting better and better. What fun you must have had and at least it didn't look too hot out there. You had SHADE! When you come here, you will get your chance to dig for gold..(ie holes to plant stuff)..and I hear the JDeere Tractor place has a sale..oops should not have said that! Hugs to you both, can't wait til October to see you..Blessings!
Post a Comment