Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My ladies hard at work

these are my girls hard at work making eggs and yes manure for our garden.I dont just look at chicken eggs as all I get for all the feed I put into these birds but the fertilizer we get is just as importiant as eggs and meat.Any one who has bought fertilizer these days knows it cost a lot these days
These ladies are working hard to please me dont you just love them birds.

These birds are rare chickens and get very big for chickens.They are called Jersy Giants and as you can see these are big already for only two months.When you look at the birds in the bottom pic you can see these birds are almost as big as the ten month old birds we bought last year.So this is what chicken scratch has been up to nown on quack flat and yes those Canadian geese are back this spring and watching us from atop our barn roof.This place is really a fun place when we look at all we have happening on just two and a half acres.






No comments: